Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's about time!

Well, it only took us a year or so but we finally did it!  
Back in the day Lindsay and I were pretty much inseperable. But give us two grown up lives with grown up responsibilities and we're lucky to see each other once a month now a days. 
Lindsay was a BIG part in why I started running. I wanted to be able to explore and enjoy the beautiful trails like she did. So after running for a year, we finally made it up to a trail together!  And it was such a good time. 
Tehra and I met up with her at a trail head she picked called East Mountain Wilderness Park. It's one of Lindsay's old stand by's but it was a new one for me. It was GORGEOUS!  (Shhh... Don't tell Dry Creek, but it migh be my new favorite!) 
We were actually on Bonneville Shorline Trail for a bit but it's a different feeling part. It's much further away from the city line and felt, oh so peaceful.
I was AMAZED the first time I watched Lindsay fly, literally FLY down a hill!  She told me to make sure I was leaning forward. Holy Hell!! What a difference!  I may not be flying like her yet, but I've definitely found my wings now. What a blast!
We had a random little snow flurry that was fun and there were tons of cacti! Which I never remembered to snap a pic of!!! Ugh!
Oh well, next time!


No mile tracking today. I was too excited to finally run with Lindsay Lou to remember to start my counter... But here's a good guess...

Miles: 3
Time: an hour maybe?
Pace: about that fast...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Now it's happened once, it'll be easier to do more!

      Delete
  2. that girl does fly down those hills like no bodies business! super fun day at a new place. loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Lindsay run time. And you're right. She can run downhill, even on technical stuff, super fast!!!

    ReplyDelete